How to Change a Google Deep Crawl Algorithm
- 1). Go to google.com/webmasters, then click the "Sign In To Webmaster Tools" button and provide your Google account credentials on the next screen. If you are already signed into your Google account, then you are taken straight to the "Webmaster Tools" page.
- 2). Click the "Add a Site" button on the right side of the page. Type or paste your website address in the pop-up box. Click the "Continue" button. Go through the verification steps to get your website added, then click the "Verify" button. Google takes a few moments to access your site and verify that you own it.
- 3). Click the website address link under the "Home" section. This pulls up a page with that site's dashboard.
- 4). Click the "Site Configuration" option from the left-hand sidebar. Click the "Settings" link, then click the "Set Custom Crawl Rate" radio button under the "Crawl Rate" option. Move the slider from left to right to increase the frequency of Google crawler visits to your website. When you have made the change, click the "Save" button.
- 5). Click the "Sitemaps" link from the left-hand sidebar, then click the "Submit a Sitemap" button and type the location of your sitemap. Click the "Submit Sitemap" button. A sitemap tells the Google crawler what pages are available to search, and makes the indexing process faster.