How to Troubleshoot Gibberish on Mac Mail
- 1). Close the Mac Mail program and reboot your computer. When the computer starts back up, do not launch Mac Mail.
- 2). Click on the "Finder" icon in the dock at the bottom of the desktop.
- 3). Highlight your username from the "Places" list on the left side of the Finder window.
- 4). Double-click on the icon labeled "Library."
- 5). Open the "Preferences" folder, then locate the file called "com.apple.mail.plist."
- 6). Drag the "com.apple.mail.plist" icon to the Trash icon at the far right end of the dock, then release the mouse button.
- 7). Click on the "Mail" dock icon to launch Mac Mail. The program will now automatically create a fresh preferences file and resolve gibberish text problems.