About Online Poker Schools
- Many online poker schools charge a fee to enroll in tutorials and classes. Poker students can expect to pay about $100 to $150 in an upfront fee and a $25 monthly fee. Some sites are free.
- The curriculum for online poker schools vary greatly. Some offer videos and commentary and some offer the student a chance to watch and listen to a professional poker player as he or she goes about the game in real time.
Types of Games Taught
- There are a variety of poker games that can be learned at online poker schools. These include No Limit Texas Hold 'Em, Limit Hold 'Em and Omaha. They also teach players how to be successful in both tournament and cash play.
- Online poker school instructors include many professional players, such as Daniel Negreanu.
Length of Time
- Online poker schools vary in the length of time they take to complete. Some have structured instruction in which students are expected to go step by step in learning. Others are more free flowing in that they allow students to pick and choose what they want to learn and when they want to learn it.