How to Fix an Overheating Amana Oven
- 1). Turn off the power to the oven, turning off the breaker in your fuse box. Ensure the oven is completely cool prior to servicing.
- 2). Open the oven door and remove the racks.
- 3). Locate the sensor. It is located on the center of the top of the rear oven wall.
- 4). Remove the mounting screw securing the sensor to the rear wall.
- 5). Pull the sensor away from the wall, pulling with it the cable connected to the rear.
- 6). Disconnect the wire connected to the sensor. Simply squeeze the tab on the connector.
- 7). Connect the oven wire to the new sensor, then push the wires back into the rear oven wall.
- 8). Align the sensor with the mounting hole, then secure the sensor into place with the mounting screw.
- 9). Restore power to the oven to complete the installation.