How to Check Car History
How to Check a Car's History
- 1). First, you will need to locate the vehicle's identification number. It should be in the front windshield area of the driver's side on a metal etched in plate below the glass.
- 2). Jot down the number and visit the CarFax website.
- 3). Type in the vehicle's VIN into the website's message box, and click on "Get the CarFax!"
- 4). The retrieved results will show all accident reports and insurance claims of damage done to the vehicle. It will also list the number of owners the vehicle has had and the most recent odometer reading on record.
- 5). Once you have seen the CarFax report, check with the dealer about any other major repairs the car has had recently. For instance, the air conditioner or an electrical system repair.