How to Replace a Signal Light on a 1996 Subaru Impreza Outback
Front Turn Signal
- 1). Remove the two screws on the lens cover with a Phillips screwdriver. Pull the lens assembly forward until the wiring harness is accessible. Squeeze the tab on the wiring connection, and pull it apart.
- 2). Twist the bulb and socket counterclockwise, then pull it out of the light assembly. Turn the bulb counterclockwise, and remove it from the socket. Insert the new bulb into the socket, and turn it clockwise.
- 3). Position the light assembly in the front of the car, and secure it with the mounting screws. Tighten the screws with a Phillips screwdriver. Repeat the process on the opposite light if needed.
Rear Turn Signal
- 1). Open the rear hatch of the Impreza Outback edition. Pull the cover off the rear of the taillight assembly.
- 2). Turn the socket assembly counterclockwise to remove it from the light. Turn the bulb counterclockwise, and pull it straight out of the socket. Insert the new bulb into the socket, and turn it clockwise.
- 3). Push the cover back on the taillight assembly. Repeat the process on the opposite light if needed, then close the rear hatch.