What Is Microsoft Word Used For?
- There have been many versions of Microsoft Word. The latest version is Microsoft Word 2007, which is a part of Microsoft Office Suite 2007.
- Microsoft Word contains many tools that the computer user can utilize to make the creation of electronic documents easier. Popular tool include spell checker, automatic grammar checking and the thesaurus.
- The latest version of Microsoft Word saves documents with the .docx extension. Microsoft Word has the option to save documents in a variety of formats, including .doc, .txt, and .rtf.
- In later versions of Microsoft Word, there are integrated security features. The computer user can configure the document to be opened only by providing a password. It is also possible to restrict what portion of a document can be edited by anyone other than the author.
- Microsoft Word will spell check more than 50 languages.