How to Do a Clean Vista Install on a Formatted Hard Drive
- 1). Turn on the computer. Insert the Windows Vista DVD into the disc drive. Hold down "Ctrl," "Alt" and "Del" to restart the computer if the PC doesn't load the DVD.
- 2). Press any key to boot from DVD. Input your language, keyboard, time and currency options. Click "Next."
- 3). Click "Install now." Enter your 25-digit product key into the appropriate field. Click "Next."
- 4). Read the Microsoft Software License Terms. Check "I accept the license terms" and click Next.
- 5). Click "Custom (advanced)" as the installation type. Select the formatted hard drive from the available devices. Click "Next." Windows Vista will install itself to your computer. Don't press any key if prompted.
- 6). Set up your user account following installation and log in to Windows Vista.