Ideas for Cute & Easy Window Treatments
- Inexpensive curtain panels are fun and easy to dress up.Purple Flower Bouquet With Gathered White Curtains image by NorthEnder from Fotolia.com
Window treatments don't have to be fussy to be fabulous. In fact, simple treatments are often the best idea for children's bedrooms, bathrooms, family rooms, kitchens and any window offering a spectacular view. Try embellishing a pair of store-bought panels, or make your own if you have the time and know-how to create a one-of-a-kind look that won't break the bank.
Sequins, Beads and Buttons
- For a young child's room, sew buttons in different sizes and colors onto the fabric. For a pre-teen or teenage girl, stitch or glue sequins or beads onto the fabric.
Ribbons and Ruffles
- Trim the vertical lengths of the panels with a contrasting fabric ruffle for a country feel. Use beaded, pompommed or embroidered ribbon in colors and designs that complement your decor to trim tops, bottoms or sides of panels.
- Use stencils to paint shapes or words onto fabric. A child's name can be painted vertically in a contrasting color or flowers and leaves can cascade gracefully down the sides of a panel.
Flowers and Lace
- Glue silk flowers onto the panels at regularly-spaced intervals. Use lacy appliqués designed for wedding dresses for a feminine.