How to Calculate Dump Truck Volume
- 1). Consider the bed of the dump truck as a box or three dimensional rectangle, technically described as a parallelepiped.
- 2). Obtain the length of the truck bed in feet. We will call this value "l".
- 3). Obtain the width of the truck bed in feet. We will call this value "w".
- 4). Obtain the height of the truck bed in feet. We will call this value "h".
Plug the values obtained into the following formula: (see graphic)
Volume = l*w*h
- 6). Divide the volume you have just calculated in cubic feet by 27. The resulting number is the volume of the dump truck, expressed in the standard for such ratings, cubic yards.