How to Add Degrees of Transparency to Shapes in PowerPoint
- 1). Open PowerPoint. Click the "Insert" tab at the top-left of the screen. Click the "Shapes" button below the tab. Click a shape from the fly-out menu, such as a circle. The cursor changes to a plus sign.
- 2). Click and hold down the left mouse button while dragging the cursor on the slide to form the required shape size. The shape appears on the slide and fills in solid on the PowerPoint workspace.
- 3). Right-click the slide to bring up the "Format Shape" menu with the "Fill" option already selected in the right-side pane.
- 4). Drag the "Transparency" bar to the right. The further to the right -- or the higher the degree of transparency percentage -- the lighter/more transparent the shape will appear. Watch as the shape changes transparency right on the slide.
- 5). Click the "Close" button when satisfied to return to the PowerPoint slide.