How to Cook With Sorghum Flour
- 1). Add 1/2 tbsp. of cornstarch for each cup of flour when you are baking any sort of baked goods except bread.
- 2). Add 1 tbsp.of cornstarch for each cup of flour if you are making bread.
- 3). Add 1.25 times the amount of fat (i.e., oil or butter) that the recipe calls for. This will make the item you are cooking more moist.
- 4). Add 1.25 times the amount of rising substance (i.e., yeast, baking soda, or baking powder) that the recipe calls for. This will ensure that the recipe rises the appropriate amount.
- 5). Cook or bake the item as the recipe indicates.