How to Connect a TiVo Using a USB
- 1). Plug the wireless G adapter into one of the USB ports on the back of the TiVo. Open the adapter until it clicks.
- 2). Go to TiVo Central by pressing the "TiVo" button on the remote control. You will receive a message that the box has detected the adapter.
- 3). Choose "Set Up Network" near the bottom of the message. You will be prompted by on-screen instructions to configure your network settings. Follow them to their completion.
- 1). Plug the Ethernet adapter into a USB port on the back of the box. This option only works with Series2 Single-Tuner boxes.
- 2). Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the adapter, then connect the other to the router or hub.
- 3). Select "TiVo Central" by pressing the "TiVo" button on the remote. Click "Messages & Settings," then "Settings," then "Network & Phone."
- 4). Click "Use Network Instead" if this is the first time connecting to the wired network. If not, click on "Change Network Settings."
- 5). Follow the on-screen configuration instructions until you are online.